Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Let's all Raise a Mug!

I had mentioned a few posts ago that a fundraiser was being planned to help our dear friends Dave and Sarah with medical bills from his fight with colon cancer. Well, it took place last week, and let me tell you, it was an absolute blast!


Sarah's best friend from high school organized the whole thing. Sharon did an amazing job of putting it all together! Thank you so much for all the effort you put into this, it was so worth it!

Aren't they lovely?!?

It was held at a local brewery, Thomas Hooker Brewery, which was just fun! For a twenty dollar cover, you got a wristband for unlimited beer samples...the staff were all so friendly and amazing! I can't say enough good things about all of them, they were wonderful! They had tours of the back where they brew the beer...it really was a great, super laid back, relaxing time. Seriously, if you're local, I highly recommend a visit! I'm not the biggest beer fan...I'm a sissy and like my beer mostly tasteless...lol...which is weird, because I really love bourbon and moonshine and various other spirits...but beer, not so much. But anyways, they actually had some really good stuff. Their Nor'Easter Lager was tasty and the Munich Style was divine! The Watermelon Ale was, as they put in the tagline, strangely refreshing. ;) I wasn't a fan of the Chocolate Truffle Stout, but then I hate dark beer. David likes dark beer and pretty much all English style beers...he enjoyed the Nor'Easter the most too though.


The turnout was incredible. I think the final count wound up being 146 people showing up. There were a bunch of raffle prizes as well, some of which were really great! Some cool gift certificates, wine baskets, even a bunch of Apple Shuffles! It turned out to be a huge success, and I know will help Dave and Sarah immensely! 



It was great to see such a variety of people attend. There were church friends, school friends, soccer friends, work friends, college friends, and of course, tons of family. At points it was like a family reunion on both sides! ;) 



My friend Heather managed to snag one of the staff right before closing to give us a quick tour of the back where the beer is brewed and bottled. It was really cool!

Heather and Kim had a blast!

The atmosphere of the whole place was just really neat. I think everyone had a good time...if you know what I mean...wink wink ;)


My hubby isn't a huge fan of crowds of people...and sometimes people in general if we're being honest...lol  He was actually contemplating leaving early...doesn't help that he gets a bit claustrophobic...but he was able to relax and have a good time. Kim was laughing because we wound up being one of the last to leave...hahaha...from wanting to leave from the get go to closing the joint out! ;)


Love this pic of our Davids

And this one might just be my favorite...you can tell just how much fun Dave is having at his party!

My beautiful "Kimeeeeeeee!!!!" as Sarah calls her ;)

The support shown was really uplifting...not just financially, but just seeing an outward expression of how much people care was beautiful! I know Dave and Sarah appreciated it all so much...and hope that they will always feel the love of those around them who care about them!

Love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment