Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bonus Round ;)

Didn't think y'all could get rid of me that easily, did you? Well, I had hoped to get this done yesterday, but they were all booked up until today. Yes, I got my first tattoo. I've been wanting this one for over a year...actually since last year's 31 Days of Gray...but it just didn't work out. 


This was the one I had my eye on. I wanted to get it behind my right ear. I just really liked the shape and simple but pretty design. The tattoo artist modified it a bit so it would fit...she said the swirls were too tight for where I wanted it, but she did a great job of keeping the idea of it while making it work.

bit blurry, but I guess I'll keep the cameraman ;)

I was totally intimidated by the whole process...which is another reason why it took so long. I asked Carey for some tips. Like, I didn't know if you called, or walked in, or what...but it all worked out. The only thing I was hoping for a less evil place, if you know what I mean. I just wish you could find a place without all the awful, devilish tattoos...pentagrams, etc. I knew some church friends who went to this place, and some other friends, so I was hoping it wouldn't be so dark. I'm glad David came with me...but he was a little like really?!?!? looking at some of the artwork. I liked the girl who did my tattoo...but not sure if I'd want to go back there. If anyone knows any less evil places in the area, I'd love to hear about them! Unfortunately, I'd imagine that's pretty par for the course. But she did an awesome job!!! I really, really love it. It only hurt a little bit at first...but right at the end, I think she was shading, that hurt pretty good!

Afterwards David and I caught a movie...The Amazing Spiderman 2. I left feeling vaguely dissatisfied. I had really liked Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in the first movie, while not really feeling like the movie itself was necessary. This time, I felt their acting was much worse, especially Andrew Garfield's...which was a shame, because I wanted to like them. I dunno, the movie just didn't do it for me...and I'm no critic by any means! I enjoyed Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne, but even that was just above meh. But whatever, it was fun enough ;)

They did have some good snarky one-liners though...always enjoy that!

Dad took all the kids to go see the waterfall at Kent State Park...it was about an hour and a half away. Brave guy to take all of them for that long by himself! Sounds like they had fun...even if Buddy was a handful! ;) Thanks Dad!


Black and white make gray...right?

I wonder how long it'll take my parents to see this...lol...sorry guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment