Monday, May 30, 2016

Day 30 - Memorial Day



A day for remembering all those who lost their lives in defense of our country and freedom. So thankful for all who put the uniform on, knowing that they might be called upon to lay down their lives. It's an amazing, courageous thing to contemplate! No matter where we fall on the political spectrum, I would hope we could all agree on this..."Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." John 15:13

I follow Mike Rowe on FB, you know, the dude from Dirty Jobs...he's amazing! He always has the best posts, so witty, smart and full of common sense. Seriously, y'all should totally follow him! Anyways, he had a great post today on Memorial Day. I'm gonna see if I can share it....hang on...


Yay, I think it worked! If you're not on Facebook you can check out his website...I'm pretty sure he posts most of his musings there as well.


OK, so my Memorial Day was pretty low key. The Memorial Day parade got cancelled due to rain...we usually walk down to the memorial park where the parade ends. Instead we just spent the day relaxing! Cleaned up from the party a bit...lol...totally didn't do that yesterday! ;) Thankfully it wasn't much...just a couple loads of dishes and a little tidying...no big deal! Otherwise just hung out reading, watching some TV...no stress. Can't ask for more some days!

no makeup selfie! lol

I'm really glad May is just about over...I'm getting a little tired of gray...haha...but for real! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment