Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Day 31 - Finish Line!

Whew! Made it to the end of another #GOGRAYINMAY! I'm always ready for some color by the time June rolls around...lol...But then again, I always look forward to May's gray. 

Ta-da! lol...Today's final gray

So David had PT and speech today. He actually got kicked out of speech...lol, not really, but he doesn't need to go to it anymore. He's above average with word recall, so they said it wasn't necessary. That was cool! Less cool was his heart rate, yet again. During physical therapy, his heart rate skyrocketed like usual, but his blood pressure plummeted! It was like 80/60! They had a nurse come check him out, she was pretty concerned. She really thought it was because he was dehydrated. I was talking to his therapist though, and he said it's probably not the cause, since this is an ongoing issues, but it's exacerbating it. She wanted to load David up in an ambulance and send him to the hospital to get fluids. She was super worried about it! David was like, nope...I'd rather die. Um, seriously? I mean, I know he doesn't want to go back to the hospital again, but you could phrase that better! lol...but basically they said they couldn't force him, but he really need to up his liquid intake, try to get to better footing, so at least it isn't making his high heart rate worse. So I've been pushing the water and gatorade since we got home! They also said he needs to rest (which he's good at...mostly all he does :P). His laying down blood pressure was up to 100/60something...and pulse was in the 80s. That's what made her think a lot of it was dehydration related...to have that much variance depending on position is usually related to being dehydrated. I mean, obviously that's not the only reason...he got fluids when he was in the hospital...and they ran all kinds of tests...but it certainly seems to make it worse. After his hospital stay, his stats were actually a little better, probably because they had him on fluids.

After that, he felt like he deserved ice cream. lol...so we stopped at Frisbie's again...it was still good ;)

Today is a special day! It's Sarah's birthday!!! Yay! 🎉🎉🎉🎂🎁🎁🎁 I can't wait to celebrate with her...and Kim, whose birthday was earlier this month while David was in the hospital. We always try to all get together and have a night together to celebrate their birthdays! Hoping it's soon! In the meantime, I hope you had a wonderful day with your boys!

Waiting to meet the Killers!
2Cellos concert
My 30th!
Probably my favorite pic of the three of us! The best besties to ever bestie :P

Don't know what I'd do without my sisters from another mister ;) But seriously, I love y'all so much! 💝💝💝

And that's a wrap for another May. I will do my darndest to continue to blog...I'm aiming for once a week...but don't hold me to that. Actually, definitely nag me ;) Thanks for everyone who shared a gray pic! I appreciate everyone's support and prayers! Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment