Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Day 26 - MOPS Graduation

Today was my last day as a MOPS mom. :( Certainly a bittersweet moment...MOPS, as I might have mentioned a time or two, has been such a huge, important part of my life for 9 years! ever since we moved to CT! It's gonna be very strange not going. My best friends were met at MOPS. I can't imagine trying to go through David's cancer journey without all the love, support, prayers, meals, etc that my MOPS mamas showered on me! This group has truly been a lifesaver to me, and I know to many others. If any of you still fall in the 0-5 child age group, I cannot recommend seeking out a MOPS group enough! You will not regret it!

Typically on the last meeting of the year, they celebrate the moms who are "graduating," in other words, whose kids are too old for them to qualify anymore. But instead of just kicking them out ;) they try to soften the blow by graduating them...lol! Today there were just three of us...Tiffany, our coordinator the past couple years, has been a MOPS mom for 10 years! She almost graduated 6 years ago, but got saved by a pregnancy test ;) hahaha! Then there's me, 9 years...Buddy saved me from graduating...and Carey, who's been going for 8 years. lol...are we old-timers or what???

Once again, a bunch of the moms in my group were awesome and dressed in gray to show their support! I so appreciate it!!! lol...and apparently it was maxi day! hahaha, a bunch of us were wearing maxi skirts...so comfy and cute!

Thank you ladies!!!
This beautiful lady has been a mentor mom at my group since the beginning...she has been such an inspiration and fount of wisdom! Love you Laurie! 
Dacia, as always, rocks!
Carey and I...glasses soulmates :P hahaha


I didn't realize till I got home that I hadn't taken more individual pics :( It was my group's turn to bring food and clean up...so I got busy and forgot! I wish I had!!! To everyone who I didn't get a selfie with, I'm sorry! :'(

When we got home, Buddy asked me to take a pic of him...gotta love his camera smile!

After dinner, David and I went and fixed the outside faucet that's been leaking for a while...even with the water cut off! I don't really know how that's still possible, but we were hoping that replacing the spigot would fix it...and it did! yay!

I even managed to gain a battle wound :P

My dogwood tree is finally starting to bloom! and my irises! I love when all the flowers blossom...especially when I don't have to actually do anything to make them come back...because I definitely don't have a good track record with plants!

Iris
not sure what this is, but it's pretty
Dogwood
Instead of washing me out, the flash actually makes me look like I have a tan...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment