Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 29 - Happy Birthday David!!!

36! I don't have any deep thoughts this year...I barely have any brain cells atm...lol...but I hope the day was awesome...food plentiful and good...and the love felt! Buddy and I were able to eat lunch with Daddy...at Sonic! followed by some delicious peach milkshakes from Chick-fil-a! mmmm mmm!

Buddy's got gray too! 

Last night I almost forgot to start smoking the meat! That would have been bad! lol! Oh, oh, oh!!! So, this is hilarious! This morning, as FlufferNutter and I stepped outside to walk to the bus at 7:00, there's a firetruck parked in front of our house, with firemen disembarking. One of them asked if we were burning something...apparently one of our neighbors ratted us out and called the fire department on us! I said just the smoker! They double-checked to make sure and then left...lol...with all the times we've smoked stuff, I found that quite funny! But seriously, you report us??? I really wonder who it was! lol

I should have gotten a pic with the firemen...that would have been awesome!
 Don't know why they were worried about the smoke...lol...it was actually a lot more at points

Not only did David want BBQ, but he also wanted Pineapple Upside Down Cake...but with real pineapples, none of that "canned crap!" haha...he is such a diva! I found a good looking recipe to try...came out looking beautiful! I gotta tell you, this is one of the best cakes ever!!! it was so delicious and moist and WOW!!!

Averie Cooks - Pineapple Upside Down Cake

This is the recipe I used, with a few tweaks. First of all, gotta cook it in a cast iron skillet! I got the idea from another recipe to cook the brown sugar and butter together until it carmelizes...then I used fresh pineapples instead of canned...and no cherries, no fans here. Instead, I used pecans! I wound up doubling the cake batter since my pan is pretty big, and 1 1/2ing the brown sugar/butter. Seriously though, it came out so perfect! Super moist and really tasty...sometimes the cake portion of pineapple upside down cake isn't that great...but this is awesome!


The food was delicious! I love pork shoulder...shhhh!!! don't tell, but I think I even like it more than brisket! But don't tell anyone, I'll lose my Texan card! ;) I bought Hawaiian bread burger buns...and made Apple Cider Vinegar BBQ sauce (perfect with pork!)...so pile on the meat, sauce, coleslaw on the bun...HEAVEN! Plus some fresh, roasted corn...such a good meal! Good choice babe!

'
If you've never eaten meat that looks like this...you're missing out on more than you can imagine! 
coleslaw, pork shoulder, corn 
the reason for pigs! well, that and bacon and sausage...ok, it's all pretty good ;)
perfection
I managed to get some decorations up too...other than the pink from Sparkle's birthday ;)
It was so funny, the girls were trying to make it look nice but not girly...so they found my Texans napkins and used them...thought they were perfect! haha

After dinner the girls wrapped their presents. I didn't have one to wrap yet. I'm getting David a new paintball mask...but he's got to pick it out...wouldn't do to get the wrong one! lol...

Look, Daddy's wearing gray! 
I love how excited they get about giving presents! Makes me so proud! 
Sparkle trying to hide from the camera 
super cool! From Buddy and Sparkle 
Buddy's more excited than Daddy! lol 
Glitter can't wait!!!  
The girls waiting for Daddy to see what they got him!
Daddy LOVED it!!! 
haha, all by themselves, they picked out a really cool flask for Daddy...all their idea! I found it hilarious!
Happy Birthday to you... 
Happy Birthday to Daddy! but no cha cha chas this time...hmmm, wonder why?
Glitter was so pleased to get this shot! lol
kids stole the camera for a bit...pretty good pics
FlufferNutter in gray as well!
 Me and the birthday boy! Isn't this a great shot???

I love you babe! Hope that you had a wonderful day! I am so grateful to have you in my life and have treasured almost every minute ;) You may not be perfect, then again, neither am I...but we are perfect together! Every time I see that sign in our room, "We are so good together" it never rings false. Looking forward to many, many, MANY more years with you! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment