Friday, May 10, 2013


Day 10 - Happy Birthday Papa!

Today is my father-in-law's birthday...so I'll be busy baking, frosting, and cooking ;)

Pick me, pick me!
I'm cuter!!!


















I couldn't decide which one, so I put both up, lol...what do y'all think?


I just want to take a minute to talk about my FIL...He and David work in the same small field (electrical testing...they basically test all kinds of electrical equipment, breakers, transformers, etc, for utility companies, plants, big businesses, etc). Anyways, they usually wind up working for the same company, so we generally end up not too far from each other. I am extremely blessed to actually not only like my in-laws, but totally love them! So this has worked out quite well for our family. OK, getting sidetracked...so, basically, we live somewhat close by, we get along quite well, hang out lots, go to church together...of course the kids love seeing them all the time. 


My FIL is an extremely hard working guy, loves his family, is an example of such a man of faith, and is someone I look up to immensely. I really enjoy our theological Catholic vs Calvinist debates. You've got me halfway converted Dad...lol, jk! He is genuinely one of the best men I know! 



The past few years of course, have been a roller coaster ride for all of us. It certainly hasn't been easy for them to see their son go through this battle. This year has gotten worse, as my mother-in-law passed away very unexpectedly in February. They had been married for over 30 years, and it has been hard for all of us in ways that cannot be described. We all miss Mama, but no one more than Dad. I just want to let you know how much we appreciate you and love you!


Happy Birthday Dad/Papa!!! Hopefully he won't be too embarrassed I plastered him on the internet ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment