Monday, May 27, 2013

Day 27 - Happy Memorial Day!

I know it's turned into BBQ, parades and family fun...but we never forget the sacrifices of the millions of the brave who made this the home of the free. We salute you and we honor you! Having come from a military family (my dad was in the Air Force, my brother was in the Marines and now in the Army, and lots of uncles who served), we remember the fallen and thank those who have and continue to serve!


David said my gray jeans just barely counted. He was checking my outfit out to see where my gray was...haha! I'm so excited at this point! David and I were heading to the movies to watch Star Trek Into Darkness. Oh my...I loved it. I thought they did a really great job with it. Lots of action, lots of feels, and Benedict Cumberbatch!!!! lol, but seriously, he is amazing! He did such an incredible job. Even though you know "John Harrison" is a bad guy, you almost start rooting for him. Until the end of course. Plus, I was totally geeking out with all the little nods to the classic Star Trek.



Last night we wound up going to my in-laws and roasting s'mores on their new fire pit. It was a bit cold, but the flames did a good job of warding off the chill. Then, I got to leave the kids there! haha, awesome! That's how we were able to go to the movies by ourselves. David was joking that it was our annual date. We do get out more than once a year, but sometimes it's a LOOONNNGGG time in between outings.

After the (awesome) movie, we headed over to the in-laws for the requisite cookout...and I suppose to get the kids too ;)


Dad smoked some delicious ribs! Yummy! And then more s'mores...lol
Red One invented her own concoction...she put two pieces of chocolate around her marshmallow and called it a Chore...haha





 
 

Apparently Buddy finds marshmallows blissful ;) Red Three was chowing down on the ribs! Red Two was very proud that she was wearing gray! I think she wanted to get on my blog :P

Overall, it was a nice, relaxing day! I hope y'all had a wonderful one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment