Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 23 - Rain and baseball don't mix!

 But fun was still had by all :)











Red One had her much anticipated field trip today. The 5th grade chorus was scheduled to sing the National Anthem at the Rock Cats (local Minor League team) baseball game. She's been so excited about this...she hasn't shut up about it in days! lol



 I don't know what was with that face she was making in the first pic...haha...They did a great job! I missed out on chaperoning...all the slots filled up quickly, but I figured I'd take Buddy to the game anyway. The weather's been pretty gray and rainy the last few days...it was supposed to hold off till this afternoon. Unfortunately, the game was delayed about 30 minutes due to a band of rain that moved through. Thankfully it didn't last too long and then things got going.

It was their Education day...which meant that the stands were full of loud kids! lol
A very nice usher allowed me to go down close to the net to take pictures. The ticket stand had sold me tickets in a section that was reserved for an elementary school...by the time I got there it was packed. I assume I could have found a spot somewhere, but it wasn't worth it. I got us all some snacks then Buddy and I called it a day. Red One was sitting with her classmates...I'm sure I'll get an earful on how amazing and awesome everything was!





Buddy didn't seem to mind...those cheesy fries were yummy! 
And look! he's in gray today too! Go Buddy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment