Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 26 - Happy Memorial Day! Red, Blue and Gray?

 Had to get David to get a pic, since my gray was my pants...lol! Hard to get a selfie of that!


Today started with the Manchester Memorial Day parade...the wreath laying ceremony is just a couple blocks from our house. There's a little park with monuments for all the wars. We got a good spot to view the parade, if not the ceremony part. 

Buddy's raring to go! Gotta love his DC/Marvel mix ;) 
Red Two and Three wore their skates...and didn't fall much ;)
Papa came too!
This soldier waved to Buddy 
I told Buddy, look at the soldiers! He said "Where are their swords?" 
Fire Department 
Bagpipes!
Reenactment soldiers 
Silly boy 

The kids started finishing up their chores when we got home. I got to video chat my brother Mike for a bit, which was really nice! I hadn't talked to him in a while. He's stationed in Qatar right now, but heading back to the states for R&R for the month of June. His family is back in Texas, so we probably won't get to see him. It was really great to get to chat for a bit, before our connection started acting up! :/ Oh well, what can you do.

Mike in Iraq back in 2006 I think 
Mike a few months ago in Qatar...looking good bro!

David and I were planning on heading to the movie theater...wound up seeing the new X-Men movie. It was really good! Not to give anything away, but it didn't even dawn on me till David brought it up afterwards, but how was Professor Xavier alive?!?!?!? They never explained it! Hahahaha...it was great though. I think I might have mentioned it previously, but I love Jennifer Lawrence, and she does a good Mystique! And come on, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan are geek overlords! And then there's James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender...wonderful actors!

Love this poster!

Anyways, after the movie, we headed home to start the grill. I figured I'd see if Dave and the boys wanted to come over, I knew Sarah had to work...but we had an extra steak, so why not? Worked out nicely! After our steaks and brats (burgers and dogs for the kiddos), we roasted marshmallows and made s'mores again. Perfect evening! The weather was beautiful, no mosquitoes, nobody got burned, and the dog only stole a few marshmallows ;)






Beautiful end to a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment