Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 28 - Lazy Day...mostly

I made a trip to the library last night, so I'm all stocked up on books. Of course, that meant that today, all I wanted to do was curl up with a book...or two. So, I did. :) I'd heard a lot about The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, so that was the first I tackled. Let me tell you, bawled like a baby! :'( Then a lightweight mystery story, I'm not really even sure why it was on my list! Basically, if I'm reading a magazine, or someone tells me about a book, or whatever, I write it down in my notes app on my phone, then when I'm at the library I have a bunch of options to look at. Otherwise I'd totally forget about stuff I wanted to read! If it ain't in my phone, it ain't happening! Anyways, finished the mystery, it was alright, but not worth my time. I'm halfway through World War Z now, which is pretty cool.

Red Three stayed home today of course...gotta wait 24 hours after a vomiting episode before going back to school...even though she was pretty fine. Need to make that appointment, that's for sure. I'm just not sure if I should start with her pediatrician, or go straight to her gastroenterologist from when she was having issues with polyps a few years ago. Hmmmmm....

Oh, yeah, here I am today.


Yes, it was sweater weather here today...after being in the mid-80s, today the high was in the upper-50s after a bunch of thunderstorms rolled through. Love that song by The Neighborhood, btw! Anyways, definitely a comfy cozy sort of day...I even made soup and bread! Cauliflower rice soup and homemade bread. So good!

Dad dropped in to ask what David wanted for his birthday and when we were gonna celebrate. I said, I don't even know what he wanted, but that we'd celebrate on Thursday. Dad was like, so, tomorrow. Arghhhhh!!!! Memorial Day totally threw me off! I knew David's birthday was on Thursday, but it didn't connect in my head that that was tomorrow! I guess I shouldn't have been lazing about today! Oh well...I got his cake baked (carrot cake)...fixing to make frosting (coconut cream cheese). Figured out what to cook tomorrow...lamb chops! Just gotta stop at the grocery store for supplies. I already bought his present online, he had to tell me exactly what to search for...lol! He's the hardest person to shop for! He either already has everything he wants, buys it himself...or else wants something completely unrealistic! This year he's getting whatever paintball gun upgrade part thingy he wanted...a bit unrealistic, but what you gonna do! 

It's just a family dinner tomorrow...so pretty low key. The girls have the downstairs pretty decent, so hopefully tomorrow won't be that crazy! Y'all be thinking of me, hoping I'm not running around like a chicken with it's head cut off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment